The Beginning of beginnings: When Words Were Spoken

4:07 am / Comments (0) / by Philologus

Well, I finally let the cat out of the bag and told "her" how I felt about her and all that had transpired in my heart till now. (yeah, some of you want to shoot me for that but names are being withheld to protect the innocent :-). I never believed I'd come to that point, but by God's grace, things just progressed naturally for both of us. I bless God for counselling me against haste. Do permit me to digress a bit to talk about haste.

Most times, haste is often the flesh trying to prevail over the purposes of God. But every time you want to hurry things up by your own scheming, politicking and IGG (Initial gra-gra), remember the verdict God delivered when Rebecca enquired about the battle in her womb:


... Jacob Striving with an Angel at Peniel



Genesis 25:23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

The elder, Esau, who is a type of the flesh or ourcarnal nature, was born first. Even so, our natural bodies are born first. The younger, Jacob, who is a type of our spirit man was born later on. Notice the completeness of scriptures when it describes their personalities. This is found in Genesis 25:27

And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents.
The former is an agressive, pushy, impatient go-getter, while the latter is a quite, condescending and seemingly indolent character. Such is the nature of our body and spirit and it behooves us to learn about their workings.

Hence for God's purposes in our lives to emerge, our renewed spirit must exercise total dominion over our tripartite being.

After pouring out my soul to my beloved, it was quite a night. I slept like a wee bairn! I felt like I was born anew. It felt as though two suns had risen upon Terra Nostra - our planet earth. I felt full of purpose and energy. I felt God's love so strong. I crept out of bed, knelt down and poured out my soul in gratitude for everything He'd done.

The night before was quiet a night. My heart felt like it was bursting at the seams, I was still quivering even after a few hours after I'd made an end talking with her. I'd never felt like that before. My heart rate and blood pressure were at an all-time high. I felt like screaming, "Some one help me, I'm in love!!" I couldn't get much work done, save drafting a few plans for execution and doing some mind-mapping.

My beloved, where do we go from here? This is where I'll invite our mutual girlfriend, a lady called Wisdom. Till then, you can read her autobiography in Proverbs chapter eight. Till we meet again, keep yourself in God's love as you hasten the coming of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

0 comments: